Adding another win partition...

Matt Graham linux at bizniche.com
Fri Feb 14 21:42:07 CST 2003

Hey everyone:

So, I want to add a windows98 partition to my system.   What I have now is grub allowing me to
choose WindowsXP or RedHat8.

The problem is...when I dropped my 98 boot to get xp and rh going, I didn't think about the
printer, which my wife uses a lot.  It only has drivers for Windows98 or WindowsMe.  (Mita 560
laser).

So...since those are already installed, is there a good way to add a 98 partition?  I have an extra
drive (4gb, not doing anything) that I could use.)  That way I wouldn't have to mess with using
partition magic (which hosed my grub boot last time.)

My wife is getting anxious to print things, and I'd hate to start over.
Oh...while we're on the subject, here is another question about grub.

I originally had RH8 installed on a small partition on one of my HDD's.  I got a new HDD right
after that, and wanted more space for Linux, so I used 20gb of the new HDD and reinstalled.  Now, I
see no reason to keep the old install of linux, and could easily drop those partitions and reclaim
my gigs.  However, since it was the original install of linux, and it's still in my grub listing,
I'm wondering if the boot files reside there...  If I drop that old linux partition, do you think
it will bung my current system?

Matt