Library

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Mon Feb 10 15:58:06 CST 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Gene Dascher wrote:

> Does anyone know of any Library software that one would use for managing
> "inventory" at a library?  I saw one package on sourceforge that was
> relatively new, but do a search on Library, and most of the search results
> are useless, as MANY packages out there have the word 'library' in the
> description.

Indeed - I did a search for "library" on freshmeat.net and it returned
1980 packages which were merely code libraries.  I did a search on
"librarian" however, and received only 9 projects.  I think you might find
phpMyLibrary to be of interest.

Quote:
"PhpMyLibrary is a PHP/MySQL Web based library automation application. The
program consists of cataloging (for handling
adding/editing/deleting/searching of materials), circulation (so the
librarian can handle user related management items), and the webpac module
(where the World searches the catalog of your library). The program also
has an import export feature, and strictly follows the USMARC standard for
adding materials."

http://freshmeat.net/projects/phpmylibrary/
Cheers,
Dustin

--
| Dustin Decker                     |
| http://www.dustindecker.com |                                         |
| Moon-Lite Computing         |                                         |
| 913.579.7117                |  A baby is God's opinion that the world |
                              |  should go on.                          |