DVD writing?

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Mon Feb 10 05:05:53 CST 2003

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, John O'Brien wrote:

> First, I finally got my SuSE 8.1 up and running.  (Sort of)  It will
> only run so far in text mode. "They say" I have to get rid of my serial
> mouse to get the graphics part working.

You mean X will not start?  Does the mouse prevent it from starting?  Or
does the cursor not move in X?  I can run X without a mouse.  This is
interesting.

> Anyhow, I keep getting these wonderfully informative ads telling me I
> can write DVD disks on my CD-RW drive.  Can I?  If so, is there a linux
> version available that works?

cdrecord and its graphical front end, xcdroast, can write to dvd's if you
have a dvd recorder.  Recording data is no problem.  Creating a multimedia
experience is for the adventurous.

--
"It is the duty of a patriot to protect his country from its government"
-Thomas Paine