Sendmail-Incomplete maildomain 'server-name'

numa at thenuma.com numa at thenuma.com
Thu Feb 6 22:08:29 CST 2003

welll... you have 2 probably seperate issues... I don't recall how pine
configures for querrying a mailbox, but it's error message appears to want
a FQDN(Fully Qualified Domain Name) and "server-name" is not.  your FQDN =
blah.mydomain.com

Now, to get mail to come out as somename at mydomain.com.  I don't quite
fully understand your problem, are you only successful at sending mail to
this server if you send it to somename at servername.mydomain.com???  If so
then you need to set a "CNAME" in your DNS equivicating
servername.mydomain.com and mydomain.com.  Kris