Sendmail-Incomplete maildomain "server-name"

Joe-Cho joecho at everestkc.net
Thu Feb 6 20:55:34 CST 2003

Hello,

I would like to have some assistance from someone who is an expert for
sendmail on Solaris.
I just have set up  one sendmail box with a domain name which is valid name
on the internet.

When I try to open pine, I got a message "Incomplete  maildomain
"server-name".
As a matter of fact, when I sent email to this email server, I only receive
email through only
someone at server-name.mydomainname.com.
I would like to have someone at mydomainname.com instead.

How can I configure this domain  name.
My  system seems to be working  fine as a domain server.

When I configure this configuration file, I setup  the domain name in it.
for  example:

cd /usr/lib/mail/cf/
copy main.mc to myhost.mc

edited  the file myhost.mc
I plugged  in the domain name  and after that
I run this:

m4 ../m4/cf.m4 myhost.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
pkill -HUP sendmail

I only receive email  only from test at server-name.mydomainname.com

Any suggestion?

I certainly  appreciate your help in advance.

Joe Cho
joecho at everestkc.net
ksjoecho at yahoo.com
a member of kclug.