Outlook replacement

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Feb 6 16:26:29 CST 2003

Quoting Dustin Decker <dustind at moon-lite.com>:

> I don't know if it's really using POP as the
> transport or not, but I get the impression it isn't.

I know Eudora used to have this feature, but there's no mention of it on their
web site these days.  I haven't found may references; I did find one that said
it was being phased out because the standard hadn't caught on, but there was an
extension to the POP3 transport that allowed message sending.  It started to
fade out before spam and relaying became real problems, which is too bad, it
would be handy now.