CVS setup question...

Matt Graham linux at bizniche.com
Thu Feb 6 04:22:30 CST 2003

Hey guys.  Anyone good with setting up cvs?  We have a group setup on a
computer at school.  I've got my CVSROOT and CVS_RSH env vars setup
correctly too.  When _I_ try to check out, I get:

<snip>
[madg at localhost madg]$ cvs co project
graham at faith.cs.utah.edu's password:
cvs: Command not found.
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)
[madg at localhost madg]$
</snip>

When my buddy checks out, it works great.  The difference is...  the
repository is setup on my buddies account at school.  I'm in the
group...and the perms are correct (the /username/src/cvs directory is
owned by the group.

We've tried everything we can think (or google) of.

any ideas?

Matt