Via processors - o.k.?

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Tue Feb 4 04:03:00 CST 2003

They are about equivalent to an Intel Celeron of the same MHz.  They
only have 64K of level 2 cache, which makes them really affordable, but
they lag a little on any processor-intensive task.  However, for a
desktop system for reading mail, office stuff and basic Internet
browsing, they are quite acceptable.  WalMart uses them in their
microtel PCs; we have several at work and they seem fine except when
compiling gentoo applications.