new gentoo install - USE variables

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sun Feb 2 15:11:22 CST 2003

I got to teh end of the ufed emerge and it gave an error that the md5 sums
don't match.  i tried again and get the same result.  So, I commented out
the new gentoo mirror line and removed the ufed.tbz2 pakage and then emerge
ufed again and now it works.  The thing is, ufed doesn't give me any more
info than the web page at gentoo did.  Ah well, moving right along.

> Brian Kelsay wrote:
> > I'm part way into my new gentoo install and I'm not sure of what I'm
doing.
> > I am inside the new Gentoo on the PC and I am in nano ready to set
compile
> > variables.   This is Gentoo 1.4 rc2 on a Pent. II 333 with a LX chipset
> > board (pre BX), 256MB Ram, 20GB HDD, ATI Rage Pro 2x AGP 8MB, 3Com 905
Nic