smtp and Road Runner

A Duston hald at sound.net
Sun Feb 2 06:29:11 CST 2003

Duane Attaway wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Brian Kelsay wrote:
>
> > However, it does appear on other lists: List Entry
> >       dul 68.34.0.0/16
>
> > So, does this mean I can't send out mail from a mailserver at my IP to
> > subscribers of MAPS?
>
> Wow, the whole /16 network!  It sounds like comcast is a little slow in
> their abuse department:
>
> http://mail-abuse.org/dul/

DUL -- Dial-Up-List.  I.e. the IP addresses assigned to an ISP's customer.

You don't get listed on the DUL by abuse.  You get listed on the DUL by
having IP's assigned to customers.  This is used if I only want to accept
incoming email from an ISP that is sent through that ISP's own mail server
rather than directly from a customer running a local SMTP server on their
own machine.  ISP's are encouraged to list their own customer assigned IP's
on the DUL list.

Hal