X Windows Config

Steven Elling ellings at kcnet.com
Sat Feb 1 04:43:55 CST 2003

On Friday 31 January 2003 11:33, pthurmond at kc.rr.com wrote:
> He guys, I had a problem with loading RH8 and need to configure some
> video settings so that I can load X Windows. But I don't remember the
> command that brings up the GUI config utility that I would get towards
> the end of the install of RH8. I have tried a few variations of
> configx, xconfigure, etc. Any ideas???

If you have XFree86 4.2 run `X -configure' or `XFree -configure' to get a
baseline XF86Config file.  This shouldn't overwrite your existing
XF86Config file but I don't know what RedHat has done to X.  Then just
tailor it for your needs.  Version 4.2 of XFree does a pretty good job of
finding out what hardware you have.