reiserfs

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Mon Dec 29 02:12:32 CST 2003

Hmm -- I had problems when I tested Suse and tried to copy files from
the server over NFS it would stall and take time to recover on very
large files (>100Meg). I never found out the cause of the problem - and
gave up on SuSE for this reason (looked like M$ style eye candy, with
problems under the hood to me).

This problem could have been due to reiserfs that SuSe was using?

I was in the middle of installing Debian/Libranet which defaults to
reiserfs and stopped for a bit to ponder if I should stick with ext3 and
read your post with some problems. I also remember reading test results
that did not show compelling reasons to move on to reiserfs.

Has anyone else had good/bad experience with this reiserfs? If so why
did you use it? Why was it worth the risk?

Karl Schmidt EMail    Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street  Ph(785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049    FAX(785) 841-0434

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't
matter. -- Mark Twain