Digital Cameras

Kendrick-LUG kulua at linux2themax.com
Wed Dec 24 22:21:48 CST 2003

> Cradle for D/L - preferably with charge in cradle .
> Charge batts in camera- see above .
> Unique/odd  battery types or soldered in batts are death incarnate to
> your sanity and wallet .
> STANDARD type USB port as alien unique cables often cost half the
> street price of the cam itself .
> CF is my preferred media for above reasons but CD/ DVD burner cams may
> change rules
> ALL doors,flaps switches must be " grandchild resistant "  Waterproof
> is nice but overkill for most .
> A gazillion trick modes do not replace option for " in shot "
> date/caption
> Tripod threads are a good security device attachment point . This can
> be a model make/break point.

I am quite happy with my kodak dx4900  it was chosen due to the fact
that the lenses built in are high quality... dx4800 are crap.   you need
to look around at the riveiws the pros will always crap on anything non
slr given...   how ever if they say the lenses in the camera are good
then you will need to look in to that modle for wheather it has the
feaures that you need.   in a camera "coming froma photographer's point
of view"  if the lense is worthless then you might as well start
sketching..  if the film/ccd is worthless you might as well get out
leaves...   from there the rest is more or less optional... if you get
my drift.

dx4900 has one shortcoming shooting from a dark place to a light
background... white out.   all windows or the point from where the view
leaves a awnign if going from dark to light makes every thing white
out.  otherwise i have had no problems.   4mp camera gphoto works quite
well.  using rayovac rechargable alcaline or lion baterys insted of
kodaks crap pack.   you have no worries.  as for the slr's that are now
out i havent yet had much experiance other then they seem to have quite
good quality for $$$$.  the saying is also true you get what you pay
for.  if you search around and hnt for deals on a good camera you may
still pay a little more but you will appriciate the trouble