CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo SCSI Test

Paul Taylor paul at kcnetcare.com
Wed Dec 24 18:38:31 CST 2003

Speaking of SCSI...I have a two SCSI Plextor CD drives, one is a CD-RW
and one is Ultrawide 40X CD-ROM. I'm using an Adaptech 2940 SCSI card,
the two IBM SCSI driver are recognized but the CD drives are not. One
uses the 50-pin and one uses 68-pin (as do the IBM drives).

I've tweaked and tweaked the Adaptech SCSI BIOS and the drives are not
recognized.

Both CD drives have <10 hours of use in the past 4 years so they can't
be broken.

Someone know an easy way for me to tell if the drives are broken or not,
it seems improbable that both "break" while in storage for 3 years.

Red Hat 9 is currently installed on the machine.

Thanks,
Paul