Anyone know about using AT&T for DSL?

Patrick pert at tas-kc.com
Wed Dec 24 02:01:29 CST 2003

Jason I have to partially disagree. I don't know if ATT is using SBC's
dslam or not, but if they are, then the hardware is the same, but the
price and products may not be the same.

i.e. SBC likes to use PPPoE the ma & pa providers don't... I don't know
about ATT.
Some provide more or less bandwidth, oversell less, give a different
number of IP's, provide better Email & news services (anyone's
email/news beats the pants off SBC's** to the point I would almost
suggest purchasing a 3rd party email service if you use SBC's DSL).
There are many other product differences.

People don't like PPPoE, sbc's mail/news, and sbc's customer service.
Other than that there price and network seem ok. Ok, the SBCis (ISP)
price is very compeditive perhaps to a loss so as to kill compeditors?

**Perhaps that's why someone wants to run there own email server on
SBC's network