What makes Linux great?

DCT Jared jsmith at datacaptech.com
Tue Dec 23 18:51:12 CST 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:18:29 -0600, Jason Clinton wrote:
>Actually, he did ask for permission and Hal has confirmed via Google
>that he does, in fact, work for Microsoft.

This fact was not debated. Of _course_ he works for Microsoft.
that's the whole point. What I was responding to
is the fact that he was dropping your name, as if
to borrow your credibility.

Multilevel marketers learned long ago that they
can acquire 'friend' status simply by dropping the name of a
trusted friend. It's a guerilla marketing technique, also.
http://www.marketingterms.com/dictionary/guerilla_marketing/

>I gave him permission in the spirit of openness and communication.

A spirit of openness is always welcome, even to people
who declare Linux to be their number one foe.

Microsoft admits Linux threat
http://www.ciol.com/content/news/2003/103060502.asp

Microsoft Ranks Linux Second On Risk List
http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20030718S0005

Microsoft has long, long ways to go to prove they are
sincere, and I intend to help them prove their sincerity.
First step is to open source their code.

There's eleven more steps after that.

-Jared