What makes Linux great?

Bradley Miller bradmiller_kclug at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 21 02:28:30 CST 2003

At 03:42 PM 12/20/2003, you wrote:
>You know, I was going to answer this.  I even started to list the main
>reasons
>why I'm currently converting all of my Windows systems to Linux.

I'm with Jonathan on this one too -- you have to give me the option of
having a great tool box.  I have all sorts of wrenches, sockets, gadgets
and gizmos.  Windows would like to be "the gator grip" of the tool world,
but it's simply not going to happen.  Just as some of us aren't quite as
indept as the bumbling tool jugglers in the infomercials, there are
multitudes of us that like to "get dirty" or even have the opportunity to
work with those different tools.  I can't quite end my dependence on MS
products, but I have quite a diverse "tool box" with all the strengths from
each product I own.  Sometimes when a tool breaks (like my freezing up MS
Excel) . . . I simply replace it with something more functional (like
OpenOffice 1.1).  No, I can't tackle every nut in the house . . . but I
have the flexibility I need when I want it.

-- Bradley Miller