SuSE 9 Warning

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sat Dec 20 17:46:22 CST 2003

I had mentioned that the installer for SuSE 9.0 had trouble partitioning my
hard drive, I ended up needing Partition Magic.

I tried installing it on a desktop system last night, one that had a
partially-working Mandrake 9.1 installed on it.  It complained that it
couldn't deal with the partitioning there either.  Unfortunately, I chose a
continuation option without due caution, and it ended up nuking my Windows98
partition.

(Yeah, I know, no great loss, except that there are some programs that won't
run under Linux, and some documents that actually have to be handled in Word,
and one of the reasons we hate Windows is that it takes HOURS to install and
configure all the software that makes a Windows box workable...)

Anyway, watch out if you're using SuSE 9.0 to repartition a drive.