Unix program on Linux question

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Dec 18 14:37:57 CST 2003

Ok, this is weird stuff.
The program (really an OS on top of an OS) comes in pieces.
It does a make to create it during the install. It is actually a
collection of programs and I'm not sure which are already
built and which aren't, yet. I don't see any source code,
but I do see object files. I haven't finished looking at
everything yet, but it appears to be a mix of korn shell
scripts and 32 bit ELF for Solaris SPARC. But the install
program checks for supported OSes (UnixWare, Solaris, AIX,
HP-UX, unsupported). I couldn't run the install script as
I haven't installed a korn shell. I now have some new questions.
One anyone know where I can find a cheap Sun Sparc? Maybe even with
a 2.7 Solaris? Secondly, since the program needs to still have
make run on it, it is feasible to do a make for Linux? I realize I would have
to modify the scripts at least, but not sure what else I might need
to do.

Brian