Unix program on Linux question

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Dec 17 20:52:05 CST 2003

Ok, I answered my own question.

There are two possible interfaces that allow Unix binaries
to run on Linux. The iBCS for Linux 2.2 kernels and the Linux ABI
for 2.4 kernels. There does seem to be some limitation and some
Unices require certain shared (proprietary) libraries to be available.
It looks as though UnixWare may be ok though.

Thanks for the pointers.

Brian