Mozilla 1.6.b

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Dec 12 16:02:34 CST 2003

Konquerer doesn't depend on Mozilla last I heard.  That's why you need the khtml library for it to
work.  Also, you can have multiple versions of Mozilla installed.  You just have to create a new
shortcut to the new ver. and you may have to copy your profile into the new directory if the
installer doesn't do it for you.
There should be new/updated Mozilla libs w/ the package.  Thank god it doesn't mess w/ the rest of
the system like other browsers.

Well, there's a problem in that the installer doesn't do things the same way
the Mandrake (and presumably RedHat) RPMs do, so it doesn't exactly replace
the underlying Mozilla libraries and such for the rest of the
Mozilla-dependent browsers like Konq.  I don't really know if the are linked
to the Mozilla libraries or if they have their own compiled versions, but the
"new" Mozilla goes in it's own little directory and doesn't play with the
rest of the system.

Brian Kelsay