Multilink

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Wed Dec 10 15:55:47 CST 2003

Leo J Mauler wrote:
> Is ther still the problem with ISDN that you have to have the telco turn
> their end of the ISDN on before you turn yours on, requiring a phone call
> from you to the telco if the connection is ever broken?
>
> I recall that point made by Scott Adams as a primary reason I didn't even
> consider ISDN.

I've worked with ISDN off & on since the mid-90s and have _never_ had to
do this.  In fact, a standard ISDN troubleshooting step is to disconnect
the line temporarily (thereby breaking the connection) so that the CPE
can reestablish Q.921 and re-register its SPIDs.

I've had to call the telco about plenty of other problems but never
about anything like this.