Multilink

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Tue Dec 9 20:51:42 CST 2003

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:22:46 -0600 Jonathan Hutchins
<hutchins at tarcanfel.org> writes:
> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 12:43 pm, Leo J Mauler wrote:
>
> > ISDN?
>
> > And some people say *I'm* a masochist... :)
>
> > No, I was talking about dual dial-up connections through
> > the POTS, using dual modems in your computer (software
> > solution) or a dedicated dual-modem hardware router
> > solution.
>
> Uh, yeah.  The softwar that allows both channels of an ISDN
> line to work together is what gives you the ability to use multiple
> connections whatever the type.

No argument here that ISDN uses the same method as dual-analog-modem
solutions.

However, the guy in Costa Rica who has no access to cable modem broadband
nor to DSL service is unlikely to have access to ISDN either.  Which is
why I was talking in terms of the POTS, not ISDN.

Now the primary ISP for Costa Rica (VPM) does list ISDN as a service, but
doesn't ISDN have the same "your house must be located close enough to X
connection office" requirement that cable/DSL have?