Decent, Networkable Color Printer

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Dec 2 18:44:18 CST 2003

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 12:01 pm, Jason Clinton wrote:

> Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> | I know to steer clear of Epsons.

> I just bought an Epson and I think it's great. I steer clear of Lexmark
> and HP, myself. Epson and HP support are great in Linux.

The problems I've had have, I'll admit, been in trying to share Epson printers
on Windows networks.  They use their own proprietary software instead of
working within the Windows spooler, and it's lousy code as well.  Sharing
doesn't even involve the usual method of sending the job to a remote spool,
but requires the special software on the two machines to talk to each other.
Very ugly and innefficient.

I'm surprised to hear that there is support for current Epsons in Linux, but
Linus is full of surprises.