DNSBL

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Mon Dec 1 15:26:14 CST 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Dave Hull wrote:

> Is there some quick and dirty documentation on setting this up? Sure,
> sure in the time it took me to type this I could have found it on
> Google, but sometimes asking here is more effective.

Here is the quick and dirty documentation for setting up DNSBL for
sendmail:

/etc/mail/sendmail.mc
FEATURE(`dnsbl', `dnsbl.sorbs.net', `"554 Rejected " $&{client_addr} " found in
dnsbl.sorbs.net"')dnl

and after you add that line into your sendmail.mc file, you have to run
it through the m4 macro utility and send sendmail the HUP signal to reread
the configuration.

Chances are, if you didn't build sendmail (aka Redhat, Debian, Mandrake)
you will have to hunt for the m4 configuration file to regenerate the .cf
configuration.  This is one of the big reasons why people hate sendmail.