Which CD RW?

Jim Herrmann JimH at ItDepends.com
Thu Sep 26 00:46:56 CDT 2002

Perhaps the faster drives don't need as large a buffer because they get it
written to disk faster?  It seems like it would need a LARGER buffer to keep
the laser fed with data.  Hmmm..  The Sony has something called buffer
underrun protection technology.  I think the TDK has something like this as
well.

I think I'm going to go with the TDK AI401248 40x12x48 CD-RW Drive from
Amazon for $99.00 and a $40 rebate, bringing the total to $59!!!  If it
doesn't work for me, it's not too much of a loss.

I'll let you know how it comes out.