Which CD RW?

darkweb4 at totalmail.com darkweb4 at totalmail.com
Wed Sep 25 14:09:23 CDT 2002

/me drools over the idea of new hardware :o)

i just hopped over to TDK's site and checked out their drives...Wow!!  i want one too.

no joking now:  i've known several people with TDK's that have worked fine with all kinds of Linux
out of the box.  I personally own an older plexwriter, which i love dearly.  my honest opinion is
that TDK and Plextor both make top of the line consumer CD-drives.

two things that you might do to ease your mind:  TDK should have some documentation on their
website conserning the drive in question and if it has any problems with Linux... if for some
reason they do not, fire a quick email at their tech area.  also, a good grassroots tech support
area that i have found to be useful is the "Linux Hardware Database" at http://lhd.zdnet.com/
they often have something on just about everything.  if i don't know about the Linux comp. of a
product, i'll often head there first.

i would at least check the info that TDK has on the drive before you believe me, but i think that
your only problem will be melted blanks from all that speed!! :)  (then there is the religious
choice of picking which CD toasting front-end that you're going to use.  but i'll let someone else
say something about that, i don't want get hurt :) )

Tim R

--No dictionaries where hurt during the creation of this document.  All grammer and spelling
mistakes where made by illiterate university students.--