Gentoo NIC drivers

Steven Hildreth s_p_hildreth at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 12:24:00 CDT 2002

Actually the eepro100 driver is one of the few drivers that is actually
built into the gentoo default kernel (not needed as a module).

You should have full NIC usage from the prompt, did you try 'dmesg|less'
and look for any type of driver information.

Try assinging it a ip 'ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.10 netmask 255.255.255.0'
and then use 'ifconfig' to see if your NIC has been assigned an address.

HTH

Later,
Steven