Windows Emulation

Snethen, Jeff jeff.snethen at honeywell.com
Tue Sep 24 19:19:37 CDT 2002

> I've used Wine for Quicktime 6 and a few other things. Some
> friends of mine have
> played games like Max Payne and Jedi Knight 2. There's alot
> of overhead in
> emulation so you need atleast three times the requirements to
> play the same
> piece of software in WineX as in just straight Windows.
>
> Plus, buying Windows software isn't speaking very well with
> one's wallet so I
> tend to avoid that.

My main thought was to get off of my NT machine at work and try and get Linux running to do my
work.  Unfortunately, we
are going to be using some Visual C++ 6.0 in our development.  Also, I'm stuck using a Access DB
application.  I'm sure
more Windoze-based tools will be dictated to me.  Outlook, Word, everything M$.  It may be asking
too much to try and
merge so much into Linux.

Jeff