CDs for ITEC, et al.

Jared jared at trios.org
Tue Sep 24 02:02:49 CDT 2002

> Jared, do you have a whole lot of business cards printed up?  We could
> stick them in the CD enveolopes...
>
> We also need volunteers for not only manning the booth...

I do not have phone numbers yet; probably will receive them shortly
before the ITEC show begins, and will print up a bunch of cards at
that time.

I will be able to help man the booth, although others know lots
more about Linux than me I can help. If someone can summarize the
keynote speech, I'd be willing to cover the booth while Red Hat is
talking, as well as other times during the show. I've gone to ITEC
for several years for the company I used to work for, and it will
be fun to be there again.

I will bring a plant of some kind, since it looks like all the other
components of a healthy booth are coming together. I'm curious to
see what the carpet looks like.

OT, I am getting six phone lines as part of a package discount.
I can conceive of using about four max. Anyone need a business
phone line, perhaps to plug a computer into? Or does
anyone have ideas on how to usefully use a spare phone
line or two? Maybe we could record a whole bunch of "how to
install Gentoo" tips and people could dial in and have a computer
coach them through a Gentoo install. "Press Two if you have already
entered the "emerge rsync" command."

:-)

-Jared