Job Skills - was Re: Tech-support Hall of Shame

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Sat Sep 21 02:53:13 CDT 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Seth Dimbert wrote:
> You know, I got this. Am I the only one?

Nope, I got it too.  I didn't see much reason in replying earlier, but
now I feel I should point out that artificially invoking Godwin's Law in
order to kill a thread is ineffectual.

>From the Jargon File:
"However there is also a widely-recognized codicil that any intentional
triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects
will be unsuccessful."

I do agree, however, that this horse has been beaten so badly that it
now resembles something from John Carpenters "The Thing".
Dustin

--
| Dustin Decker                     |
| http://www.dustindecker.com |                                         |
| Moon-Lite Computing         |                                         |
| 913.579.7117                |                                         |