There's always work at ...

David Nicol shipnow at davidnicol.com
Fri Sep 20 16:03:00 CDT 2002

This is one of the good-for-your-head things I was considering doing
with myself
before I landed the job in Chi I'm working.

Arcosanti www.arcosanti.org will train you to work concrete, in terms of
pouring
it into the forms, in an intelligent and idealistic setting in sunny
Arizona.

Of course it bears resemblance to doing hard labor in a desert prison so
that is
not for everyone.

You also need to be with-their-program enough to want to pay for a five week
orientation and training session before starting as construction labor.

You do of course remember the happy ending of _Office Space_?  not every
dissatisfied white-collar keyboard jockey
is lucky enough to have such friends living through a thin wall.