Tech-support Hall of Shame

Aldis A. Tuck dlegion at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 10:24:39 CDT 2002

Greetings,
Communication and personal skill:
Do paople like me/Do customers/clients like me?

Experience is important:
I have experience but I don't believe that I am good
enough, I must have a complex!

Who you know can be important: I don't know anybody, I
would like to get to know people on this list and at
the meetings but my social skills tend to go bye bye
when I am around people smarter than myself.(I feel
threatend and stupid)

Higher education is a plus: I will most likely never
have better than a high school education, I won't name
names but I can't get any loans, I can't afford any
loans and I tend to fall in that place where I don't
qualify for grants of any kind.

Certifications are a plus:  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
don't have it!

Those are good tips, I think I am good with customers
but not employers.  I have had a hate for
employers/managers/interviewers/anyone else that has
greater authority than me; ever since I was treated
like crap by most of them.  Have you ever been told by
a manager: " Your Not Good Enough to Shine My Shoes!"
Do you have any idea what that implies? I might as
well be dead.

As a independent contractor; I am the boss, I haven't
been kicked out of anyones home yet so I must be half
way tollerable! The customers always seem very happy
when I get everthing working for them and that makes
me happy.  They also tend to ask me if they can call
me in the future, I always say yes.( I need the money
and I haven't ran in to anyone that I didn't enjoy
providing my service to.

Basically, I am not employee material, I am however
good with people in person.  I don't know how I sound
to any readers on the list.  Just keep in mind, I
don't take things personal, I won't respond to things
that upset me so you will never see posts from me that
indicate anger towards anyone.

I going to start placing line adds in the thrifty
nickle next week and will try to have it run for a
while, I don't know how much that will help but it was
the least expensive.($12.50 for a week)

Kind Regards,