Tight labor market (was: Tech-support Hall of Shame)

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Thu Sep 19 12:20:25 CDT 2002

At 10:03 PM 9/18/02 -0700, Kurt Kessler wrote:
>You want hungry? I will redefine your definition for
>you. Where shall I send the resume? :D

Every day I drive by the "Get an IT job -- median income 61,000" billboards
and just have to laugh.  These are the same companies making the pitch in
the local career section of the KC Star (fill in your newspaper).
Meanwhile back in the IT section of the newspaper, it flucuates between 3-4
columns.  Sad.  I myself just got a new contracting job (to go along with
my hosting/design company that I bought back in August), but I'm literally
burning the candle on both ends here.  This new gig is for Cold Fusion . .
. which I'm just aching to put into PHP and be happy with.  *Sigh*  There
are jobs out there, but getting to the people that have them is a pain.  I
interviewed a few places, and sent out tons of resumes with nary a
response.  (Looking for the ellusive health benefits of an employer.)

Speaking of health benefits, any other free-lancers or business owners have
any suggestions on insurance they use?

Bradley Miller, Owner/Programmer/Designer
AccessZone Design - www.accesszonedesign.com
Blue Springs, Missouri
Phone: 816-228-3814		Fax: 775-254-6162
Toll-free: 888-872-4420	ICQ: 48555780