MicroCenter Systems

mbsmith at dstsystems.com mbsmith at dstsystems.com
Wed Sep 18 17:31:06 CDT 2002

Erm, I believe my post said _add_ the extras to the $99 machine which,
supposedly, already has a monitor.  I didn't mention anything about free
shipping on a monitor <grin>.

Sheesh, it's a slow discussion day...

Cheers
Mark Smith

Dustin Decker <dustind at moon-lite.com>
Sent by: owner-kclug at marauder.illiana.net
09/18/2002 12:33 PM

        To:     kclug at kclug.org
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: MicroCenter Systems

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 mbsmith at dstsystems.com wrote:

> I just bought a K6-2 550 for $26 and a 128MB DIMM for $28.  Do a search
at
> pricewatch.com for 10.0GB and you'll see a Quantum drive for $42.  These
> have/had free shipping.  So add that to your $99 machine and, yes,
really
> - $200.  As to whether the BIOS would take a K6-2 550, that's an
unknown,
> but the point is, decent parts are cheap!

I think the argument raised here was whether or not you could get a
machine for that price _WITH_ a monitor.  Tack that onto your numbers
above and you're gonna be off.  (And I think free shipping on a monitor
will be HIGHLY unlikely.)  <grin>
Dustin