Bandwidth - it's not what you think

Andrew Bates andrewb at litecode.net
Sat Sep 14 18:28:10 CDT 2002

In the past 3 years, the infrastructure lines are getting soaked by
broadband users, because they require so much burst speed... It comes
down to the fact, a couple of cable modems can out-suck a T1 on a good
day... Yet the T1 costs hundreds a month.  So until backbone prices drop
considerably... servers are at the mercy of every household broadband user.

- Andrew Bates