Linux

Carl Sappenfield CSAPPENFIELD at kc.rr.com
Thu Sep 12 22:42:13 CDT 2002

All the free software movement wants, is that when you buy a piece of
software, you can do whatever you want with it.
That, in many if not most cases, gives economic advantages to free software.
Advocates aren't shy about citing those advantages.  However, it's important
to understand that (at least some of us) don't recommend using free software
because it's cheap, or that it's technically superior (which is in some
cases, at least temporarily, untrue) but because it's free.