Lead Windows developer bugged by security

JD Runyan JRunyan.Lists at DMS.NWCG.Gov
Thu Sep 12 14:20:59 CDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 08:39, Jeremy Fowler wrote:

> Valentine, too, took the opportunity to point out the widespread bugs that have
> been discovered in competing operating products such as Linux and Unix.
>
> "Every operating system out there is about equal in the number of
> vulnerabilities reported," he said. "We all suck."
I love this line, but it only works when you count a hole in apache once
each  for AIX,HPUX,LINUX, and every other UNII out there and add them
together.  The same for sendmail, and the rest of the software common to
these systems.  The fundemental issue that Valentine misses here, is
that IBM, HP, Sun, and the open source community respond to security
holes with honesty, and action, rather than marketing fodder.
--
Jason D. Runyan
USDA NITC KC