Burning a cd in Linux

Aldis A. Tuck dlegion at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 20:04:14 CDT 2002

Greetings,
Im trying to burn my first ever iso in Linux.
My first problem is that after downloading this iso,
it looks like a text file?  This is different from
windows, I'm not comfortable with this,lol.  I think I
have a program called cdroaster or something?

Can that be used to write the iso? Do I need to do any
checks to make sure Linux is reading my cdrom as a
cdburner?  Thats about all my questions, I am
concerned about why the iso is being shown as a text
file though.

Kind Regards,