Broadband Choices

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Sat Sep 7 15:04:42 CDT 2002

I've heard a number of replies from people who are happy with SBC DSL.  As
with past threads on this subject, everybody who is not dissatisfied with
SBC is paying the higher rate for the commercial, fixed IP service.

Unlike most of them, I haven't heard any "horror stories" about TWC/RR
service problems.  For those savvy enough not to rely on the RoadRunner
servers, and just use the connectivity, RoadRunner appears to deliver.

It still seems to me that at the entry level, RoadRunner's service is
superior to the rest of the local offerings.  We'd have to find some way of
comparing apples to apples if we wanted to judge the quality of the more
expensive commercial service levels - perhaps compare similar price levels
or bandwidth.