GPG

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Fri Sep 6 19:20:45 CDT 2002

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Jason Clinton wrote:

> Actually, a shared writtable calendars are not yet supported. (Should be
> within a month.) But shared read/write folders are supported through the
> use of IMAP. Shared read-only calendars are supported through IMAP
> and/or SAMBA and/or HTTP.

Outlook uses MAPI (Microsoft's Messaging API, not IMAP) to pass shared
folder and calendaring information to and from Exchange.  As I said
before, I didn't see anything on the page to suggest that MAPI was
supported by Mozilla.  How does using Mozilla's Own Special Version of
calendaring help you in an Exchange environmnet?

> MS Exchange IMAP 'emmulation' of course doesn't allow folder sharing to
> occur. But any other IMAP server would most certainly be able to provide
> that. (Like Courier IMAP and SquirlleMail)

How do you go about "emulating" IMAP?  IMAP's behavior is spelled out in a
set of RFCs.  You either support the RFCs, or you don't.  It's like saying
that IIS or Apache has HTTP emulation.