OT: Javascript help?

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Tue Sep 3 18:03:26 CDT 2002

Ok, I guess it must be Monday . . . here's what I want to do:

I have a function that is going to strip out any $,etc... from a field.  I
just want to pass the name of the field to the function to have it "fix
it".   This is what it looks like now:

	function stripBadchs(id,status) {

	alert(id + ".value");

	// snipped rest of stuff

	}

I keep trying to refer to the "id" (like id.value == something) and it
gives me a not defined.  The alert statement was a test to see what's being
passed by the id.  If I pass it "document.MyFormName.FieldName" it spits
out "document.MyFormName.FieldName.value" but doesn't show the value.  I
know there is an easy way to make this work, but I'm brain dead to what it
is.  Any suggestions?

-- Bradley Miller