Theories on GCC 3.2?

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Tue Sep 3 17:48:13 CDT 2002

Your system is completely modular.  You can update gcc or the whole system
at once.  The /home directory should have no effect or be affected by any
of this.  Unless you are doing a destructive reinstall process.

To upgrade gentoo's gcc, I use the following command:

emerge -u gcc

or to recompile everything to the latest version:

emerge rsync
emerge -u world