IMAP migration

Brad Crotchett brad at ispn.net
Thu Oct 31 11:39:42 CST 2002

I am thinking about moving my mail clients over to IMAP from POP, but I
have a few concerns.  I have heard that you lose all of the mail that is
currently in your mail client.  Is that true?  I have 2 1/2 years of
mail sorted in my client at work, and I don't want to lose those
messages.

Can I start with my mail client at work Outlook) and have the server use
it as a template for folders and then synchronize my home client (Ximian
Evolution) to the server?

Are there any other things to expect when migrating?

Thanks in advance,

Brad