What is Linux to you?

Dave, InfoKwik Internet Solutions david at infokwik.com
Wed Oct 30 14:55:08 CST 2002

Linux has given me the ability to admin 2 servers remotely. Run backups of
both remotely to a 3rd location. Customize all of the machines I use to
exactly what I want and need (down to the smallest detail). CRON tons of
jobs so I have more time to concentrate on other more important work. All of
this gives me the privilege of working from home whenever I want which is
very important to me (child care is outrageous).

Also, have more free time to spend with my family (they all use linux by the
way). My 7 year old can use his Linux machine to its fullest extent. He set
it up to automatically play his song list in the morning to wake him up.
When I was 7 I could not use an alarm clock right.....

In a nutshell, it is having complete control over your environment and
making it work for you instead of you working for it.

David Board