Another Newbie Question

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Tue Oct 29 17:46:18 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Fowler" <jfowler at westrope.com>

> > What's the lowest level of hardware YOU have actually USED XWindows on?

> Well, me personally? PII 350 w/ 64MB ram...

I've had it run satisfactorily on a PII 400, weven with KDE.  I seem to
recall that I tried it on a P 166 and didn't have much fun, and that was
pre-Gnome/KDE.

I had some Compaq P120's and P200's with imbedded graphics adapters that I
tried several installers on about a year ago and they all barfed when they
tried to go graphical, which I thought did not bode well for XWindows.