Another Newbie Question

Lucas Peet lpeet at eccod.com
Tue Oct 29 17:06:15 CST 2002

I've done both with a P200Mhz w/ 128MB ram.  Compiling is a little slow
- takes about 15-20 min to do the kernel, but Xwindows is pretty snappy,
with a light window manager, like sawfish, or even Enlightenment,
although it does take a bit of time to load up.  That's what I'm running
right now on my P200.  Now, it's a bit slower with a distro like RH (and
KDE) - but usable (if you turn all the eye-candy off), but X seems to be
screaming with Gentoo - everything optimized for a Pentium-MMX and all...

-Lucas