Linux on an old Compaq Proliant 2000

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Tue Oct 29 10:02:01 CST 2002

As much RAM as you can cram on it.

I run RedHat 6.2/7.2 on some P120's as firewalls and utility severs (DNS,
Fetchmail) and it works fine - no trace of XWindows of course.  7.2 is a
pretty tight fit on a 1.2G drive, I have to clear log files and such if I
want to update the kernel.

A dual P100 ought to have enough oomph to even run XWindows, the question
will be what graphics card does it have or does it emulate, and is there any
support for it.