Digital Editing Software on Linux

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Tue Oct 29 08:39:57 CST 2002

Kino requires DVGrab, and you can capture video directly from Kino, but I
use a perl script (which calls dvgrab) run from the cron to do most of my
recordings, which don't need to be attended.  I am currently using my
digital video camera as a passthrough for a VCR to record some TV shows as
well as old video tapes, and make VCDs, but I plan on getting a Canopus
ADVC-50 analog-to-DV converter so my Video camera isn't always tied to my
PC.

Gene