CUPS

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Mon Oct 28 21:08:18 CST 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Seth Dimbert wrote:

> Isn't there anyone out there with CUPS experience?

1.  Check to make sure cupsd is running:

ps aux | grep cupsd

2.  check the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file to make sure your localhost has
access permissions:

grep -B 1 -C 5 "<Location />" /etc/cups/cupsd.conf

There are also other evil security settings I hope your distribution
defaults are not going to make you look for...

3.  check to make sure ipchains or iptables isn't blocking your very own
localhost from accessing your own ports.

ipchains -L   (if I remember right...)
iptables -L

4.  from your browser, you should see cups running:

http://127.0.0.1:631

5.  If that doesn't work, I'd be surprised.